Reinsurance Training Course
August 22, 2023 | 09:00-17.00 | (GMT+7)
through Online Conference Platform
Lectured by Mr. Pornkasem Laudhittirut
- Traditional proportional and non-proportional insurance. Finite reinsurance is not covered in this class.
- Reinsurance treaty analysis
Non-life insurance professionals who want to understand concepts and practices of selected reinsurance treaty wordings to the extent that they can bring back tools. obtained from the class to use in the day-to-day work.
- The class will comprise standard lecture plus exercises in the form of Excel spreadsheets that cover real-life situations and for students to play around with numbers to understand how the relevant wording operates.
Students will be asked to present their results.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
Participants are required to have a basic skill of Excel. Each participant has to bring his/her own computer (not mobile or tablet) loaded with Excel to class as there will be in-class exercises throughout the session.
A certificate will be issued to all eligible participants who fulfill the following conditions:
- Turn on the video camera during the training.
- Complete all exercises and submit them to T.I.I. at the end of the session.
- Attend all the class sections and participate when asked.
Preliminary Course Outline (Actual flows and content may vary)
- Reinsurance as a risk management tool.
- Types of reinsurance.
Non-proportional (Excess of Loss only)
- XL layering.
- XL ratings and MDP adjustment.
- Rate On Line.
- Per Risk vs Per Event.
- Loss Occurrence & Hours Clause.
- Risk Attaching and Loss Occurring.
- Rating of XL treaty – Experience Rating.
- Sliding scale.
- Loss Participation.
- Business Interruption.
- Thailand Flood Loss Claims.